Images give your site a better look, make your site more attractive to visitors. But large size and high-quality images will slow down the site. To increase the speed of the site you have optimized the image size, this is a time-consuming process to do manually. There are plugins to automate image optimization. The following are the best WordPress plugins for image optimization.
Smash is benchmarked and tested for speed and quality, and it is an award-winning, back-to-back proven crowdsourced image optimization plugin for WordPress. Smash nicely scans every image you upload and compresses all the unnecessary data and scales it for you before adding it to your media library.
- Optimize, compress, and compress 50 images with a single click.
- Quickly find images that slow down your page.
- Collapse unused data without affecting image quality.
- Smash processes PNG, JPEG, and GIF files for optimum results.
- Optimize all your images at 5MB size forever.
Optimol is the best solution for your image optimization needs. With a full range of automation and evolution features, Optimol makes it easy to clean up your massive images and bloated pages. With the Optimol Set you are free to focus on other aspects of your site and forget about image optimization.
- Full support for page builders like Elementor.
- Supports both Retina and Web pie images.
- Short images with the same quality.
- Supports all image types.
- Offers images from Global CDN free of charge.
EWWW Image Optimizer
EWWW Image Optimizer increases your page speed through image optimization. Increasing page speed leads to better search engine rankings and also improves conversion rates. While EWWW I.O. Automatically optimizes the new images you upload, which also optimizes all the images you have already uploaded and optionally converts your images to the best file format.
- No image left behind, optimize everything on your site.
- Free image backups store your original images for 30 days.
- All communications are secured with top SSL encryption.
- There are no speed limits and unlimited file size.
- High torque as we bring you the best compression/quality ratio available with our loss options for JPG, PNG, and PDF files.
ShortPixel Image Optimizer
ShortPixel Image Optimizer increases your website’s SEO ranking, visitor numbers, and ultimately your sales by optimizing any image or pdf document on your website. New images are automatically resized/restored in the background and optimized on the fly. It also optimizes any image you have on your website that is not listed in the media library.
- There is an option to convert PNG to JPG automatically if it leads to smaller images.
- Optimize thumbnails as well as featured images.
- The featured images can be resized automatically before being optimized with 2 different options.
- It works well with HTTPS and HTTP websites.
- This will skip the images already optimized.
Imagify speeds up your website with your image optimizer and gets lighter images without losing quality. Imagify is the most advanced tool for optimizing images. You can now use this power directly on the blog. You can also use Imagify to free webpages. Using this plugin you can resize your images directly.
- Aggressive, lossless compression algorithm.
- Most of the time the strong compression with little loss of quality does not even notice it.
- Normal, lossless compression algorithm. Image quality does not change.